October 23rd, 2019
Dear Stewart Avenue PS families,
This afternoon, while work was happening in our new kindergarten play area, workers hit a gas line causing a gas leak.
Following our emergency procedures, students were evacuated to Chalmers Street PS. The walk to Chalmers Street PS took approximately 10 minutes. Due to our scheduled outdoor playday, students were dressed in their outdoor clothes for the walk.
Cambridge Fire determined that it was safe for students to return to school and resume our regular routines. Union Gas is onsite making repairs to the gas line.
Due to repairs to the gas line, school buses may be slightly delayed. Students will line up for their buses inside the school and be dismissed one bus at a time.
Extended Day programs will operate as normal after school.
I want to thank our students and staff for remaining calm and working together and to Cambridge Fire and Union Gas for keeping our school community safe.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the administration team.
Carol Coyle, Principal
Cindy Foss-Silveira, Vice-Principal