May 13th, 2022
Grade 8 Students: Only Two Days Left
All Grade 8 students in the Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB) are invited to share their thoughts and ideas about Canada, in 300-500 words, for the chance to win one of three prizes. How to enter the My Canada Project competition.
What can I win?
- First place wins $1000 cash and a $250 donation to the Nutrition for Learning program at your school.
- Second place wins $500 cash and a $200 donation to the Nutrition for Learning program at your school.
- Third place wins $250 cash and a $100 donation to the Nutrition for Learning program at your school.
How do I enter?
Enter by email
Simply fill out the entry form and write a 300 to 500 word essay, then send an email with your submission attached as a Microsoft Word document to email@example.com.
Enter by mail
Send us a hard copy through the mail to:
My Canada Project
353 Manitou Drive
Please be sure to include your full name and contact information, as well as the name of your school and your room number. Be sure to include the completed consent form, which can be found on the My Canada Project website.
What do you love about Canada?
Are you proud to live in Canada? My Canada Project invites Grade 8 students to share:
- What they love about Canada
- What inspires them about Canada
- What they think Canada could do better
Loving Canada doesn’t mean you have to be born in Canada – in fact, experience living elsewhere can help shape your understanding of what makes Canada unique.
This project aims to provide youth with an opportunity to expand their horizons and look beyond their immediate surroundings. We hope they take a moment to reflect on what Canada means to them as they begin to make decisions about their future education and life choices.
Have any questions about the selection process, or when winners will be announced? Refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on the My Canada Project website.